- Identifies and evaluates hazardous conditions and practices in the workplace. Undertakes surveys to identify and evaluate occupational health, safety and environmental conditions.
- Conducts and coordinates on-site inspections to audit physical conditions and safe work practices. Provides advice and counsel concerning compliance with corporate safety regulation and procedures.
- Performs construction site and/or area safety inspections of department facilities and operations.
- Performs job site safety compliance inspections including hazard analyses and safe work procedures, and prepares written reports and recommendations.
- Develops controls for identified hazards. Coordinates the implementation of controls from results of hazard analyses.
- Measures and evaluates the effectiveness of the hazard control system, policies, and procedures and recommends changes that reflect improved opportunities to eliminate work place incidents and injuries
- Prepares safety orientations, safety training, and job site inspection procedures. Directs or assists in the development of specialised education and training materials.
- Conducts specialised safety and environmental training programs to communicate hazard control information. Assists local management in new employee occupational health, safety and environmental orientation.
- Reviews and analyses injury, property damage, and statistical loss data and works with management to prepare comprehensive recommendations for corrective action to eliminate or minimise potential hazards
- Incorporates essential safety requirements in all purchasing and contracting actions. Recommends the purchase of safety equipment, related supplies, and personal protective equipment (PPE) in accordance with established company requirements
- Maintains awareness of corporate safety and environmental requirements and makes recommendations for their implementation
- Assists management with monitoring adherence to department safety and environmental program by employees and contractors.
Qualifications / Experience:
BS degree in engineering, safety engineering, industrial hygiene, or environmental science, or in a related field is preferred.
Minimum 10 years experience in Field Compliance Coordinator (Safety).